I got this book for my birthday- and it's really a winner. Look for more recipes from BAKED coming up soon.
Banana Espresso Chocolate Chip Muffins
from BAKED by Matt Lewis and Renato Poliafito
- 1.5 cups mashed, very ripe bananas (3 or 4)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup whole milk (I used 1%)
- 1 large egg
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp instant espresso powder
- 1.5 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350
Spray a 12-cup muffin pan or line it with paper cups
In a medium bowl, mix the bananas, sugars, butter, milk, and egg.
In another bowl, whisk together flour, instant espresso, baking soda, and salt.
Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the well and stir until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
Fill each cup about 3/4 full. Bake 20-25 minutes in the center of the oven until a toothpick comes out clean.
Cool the muffin tin on a rack for 15 minutes, then remove muffins and let them cool on the rack.